Blog Demo Design by Britt Douglas. Powered by Blogger.

A Pancakes & Pajamas Birthday Party

by - Friday, December 23, 2011



Do you have all your presents purchased and wrapped? I hope you're sitting at home relaxing and getting ready for days spent with family, no emails, no work, and no deadlines, at least for a little while.

In the midst of all the holiday preparations, I decided to be crazy and throw a little get-together just for my family. My sister and I could get the kids together and decorate some gingerbread houses, maybe enjoy some hot chocolate too, but, as things tend to happen with my family, everyone else decided to join in on the fun. And seeing it's my brother's birthday just after Christmas, we decided to celebrate... with a Winter Wonderland Pancakes & Pajamas Party!

Everyone came dressed in their pajamas. This was the first and only time in my life I had seen my dad in a set of pajamas - what a hoot! The kids had a ball putting their houses together...


...we enjoyed some hot chocolate while my holiday playlists played in the background...
hot chocolate bar with all the fixins'
...the little ladies had a ball playing with the costume closet...

 

... and then we enjoyed 'breakfast for dinner'. Our menu was a fun mix of savory and sweet - crepes filled with Nutella and bananas and stawberries, pancakes (we shaped the kids' pancakes into their initials), cheesy strata, bacon and sausages, potato rosti, and sparkly juices...



...with dessert of HandyMan's famous lemon tart and my snowy cupcakes. It was a great way to start the holiday season. I think we'll make it a new tradition - because really, nothing says comfort and joy like eating Nutella banana crepes in your pj's.


*****

I'll be relaxing next week but I have a treat lined up for you... its the Great Reads 2011 tour! I did this last year and it was so much fun, I had to do it all again. I've asked some fabulous bloggers to share with you their most favourite post from the past year. You'll definitely know some of these bloggers and others you may be discovering for the first time. They are all on my must-read list, so come back every day next week to read some fascinating posts!



You May Also Like

0 comments