Blog Demo Design by Britt Douglas. Powered by Blogger.

Fresh for Fall

by - Sunday, September 18, 2011

There's a definite chill in the air these days. I don't mind it though. I love the change of seasons and dressing in layers. I needed to get things feeling cozy inside too so I decided to change out the beachy accessories on the dresser and get things looking more Fall-ish.





I call the look "woodland harvest". I'm not really fond of the typical autumn look with red and orange and lots of berries and dried flowers so I stuck to a palette of greens, browns, and yellows with hits of black and white.


I really wanted it to look overflowing and full so I busted out all sorts of accessories. I found the wood cut disks at Goodwill of all places but decided to paint the tops white to give them some pop. The cage filled with scented cuttings is from HomeSense and adds a chic rustic vintage vibe to the vignette (and it makes the room smell great!). The mini cakestand is a "black tuxedo" version of my DIY painted cakestand. I really love the look of flat black spraypaint. The thrifted urn made its way from the back deck to indoors.



The gourds, berries, pinecones, and leaves are all faux from Walmart. I usually buy real gourds every year but I like that these ones will last throughout the season and I can reuse them next year. The mini ginger jars are from HomeSense and so are the woodland creatures. They're actually candles, can you spot the four of them?

And since I'm still on a sewing kick, I whipped up some yellow green and grey bunting too. The green ribbon tied around the neck of the thrifted bust is a little detail but it finishes off the look and really ties the colour scheme together.


I think I'll have to create a few more cozy vignettes around the house...it helps me miss those summer days a little less :)

Have you done any fall decorating around your house?

You May Also Like

0 comments