Blog Demo Design by Britt Douglas. Powered by Blogger.

Shop Spotlight: CB2

by - Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Before HandyMan and I went to exhibitIKEA last week, we headed to the media preview for CB2. {Sidenote: without this blog getting me media invites, I would have no social life whatsover, lol)}

This is one brand I've been waiting to see arrive in Canada for a while.


CB2 is the younger, hipper sibling to the Crate & Barrel stores. Though CB2 doesn't officially open its doors here until mid-November, they set up a temporary shop to give us a look at what will be in stores for the fall and holiday season. CB2's products are definitely more modern, but I always find something in their stores that I want to take home with me. 


 
 

I loved the bright colours they used, like this electric citron and the intense blue which were repeated throughout the collection.

 



Surprisingly, there were also some industrial, vintagey pieces which I fell in love with. This oversized pendant would look great over a dining table. I really liked the mesh bookcase and the wooden stools. The bookcase would look great as open storage in a kitchen!



There were some standout pieces that caught my eye, like this rug. Navy is hot right now and this rug would work with both traditional or modern furnishings. These fun pillows would be a great way to introduce texture and colour into a space.



How fun is this take on the edison bulb? Bent arm desk lamps seem to be popping up everywhere. I adored the muted grey colour and slim styling of this one.


But what I really liked were the smalls, little trinkets and accessories that could fit in any decor...
 

These are a few objects from the "mod market" line... petite pretties just perfect for holiday gift-giving. I want those modern Christmas trees and that adorable dollhouse cabin!


CB2 opens mid-November at 651 Queen Street West. I'll see you in the store!

You May Also Like

0 comments