Blog Demo Design by Britt Douglas. Powered by Blogger.

Shop Spotlight: Frontier Sales

by - Monday, September 21, 2009

It seems HandyMan and I can't get enough of antique hunting these days. I'm on the lookout for a hutch for the living room. We found a great reproduction piece at Cornerstone but I'm sure with a little patience we can find something more authentic and at a better price. 


This weekend, we dropped by Frontier Sales , a treasure trove of a store filled to the brim with an eclectic mix of old and used furniture.

There were quite a few things that caught my eye. Like this cabinet. I love the oval handles and the trimwork in the glass doors. If I didn't already have a dozen half-finished projects sitting around the house, I might have scooped it up and painted it a la Eddie Ross


This set of six rattan chairs was calling to me too. I like the interesting pattern of the backs. White paint is great for bringing out features like that. Pair it with some graphic fabric on the seat (like elements of style did with her dining chairs), and you have a some real standout seating.


If I were redoing the nursery, I would have scooped up these next two pieces. See that orange chair... solid wood construction, smooth rocking motion, sturdy foam, and comfortable... all for $45! Recover it in a pretty fabric like we did for our nursery glider and you'd have a perfect place to rock baby to sleep. 

The dresser would be a sweet piece in a little girl's room. I loved the curlicue details and the ring drawer pulls. For this, I'd paint it a robin's egg blue or pale pink and put some fun wrapping paper to line the drawers. Or you could paint the drawers like The Stamford Wife did with her dresser makeover.


When I saw this room divider, I immediately thought of this headboard featured in Canadian House & Home. I think a high lacquer black would really bring out the intricate details of this piece. Its a nice ethnic piece... mix it with rustic and modern pieces and white walls to make a statement.


Love these two headboards. The caning on the first piece isn't something you see often on a headboard. Such a nice, delicate look. I love the curves on the peach headboard. The velour fabric needs replacing, maybe with something dramatic, like the popular Chiang Mai fabric from Schumacher.




We didn't find the hutch we were looking for, but its always fun visiting stores like this to get ideas and the creative juices flowing! We're off to the Aberfoyle Fall Antique Show this weekend so fingers crossed we find something we like there.

You May Also Like

7 comments